Talking about one of the top 10 record labels in Nigeria, it’s no doubt that YBNL Nation will be mentioned. A lot of people have only been hearing the name YBNL Nation but don’t even know what it’s all about but don’t worry if you are one of them because today in this post, I will be sharing with you 6 facts you might not have known about YBNL. Keep reading while I reveal the facts to you in the list below;
- YBNL Nation was created in 2012 by the award-winning music artist, Adedeji Olamide, popularly known as Olamide Baddo, you can read more about Olamide Biography and Net Worth. He created the record label after the release of his debut studio album which was titled YBNL.
- On February 18, 2020, YBNL Nation boss, Olamide, took to his twitter page to announce that the record label now being in a joint venture with the global award-winning record label, Empire Records.
- Most of the signees when YBNL was first established are now on their own either as part of another record label or as the CEO of their own record label. Some of the artistes which were with YBNL Nation from the start were Adekunle Gold, Pheelz, Lil Kesh, and many more
- YBNL Nation has helped top trending artists like Lyta, Fireboy DML, to become so popular and so big in the Nigerian music industry. Even upon Lyta exit from the record label, he still keeps the fame he had gotten while at the record label.
- Since the creation of the YBNL Nation record label, Olamide’s net worth has grown x7 from $2 million to over $14 million and this indicates how the record label has really helped him to grow his career and boost his overall success in terms of entrepreneurship.
- YBNL Nation won its first award ever at the City People Entertainment Awards for the Best Record Label of the Year in 2016 preceding its nomination in 2015 which was lost to Mavins Record.
YBNL Nation was also ranked No. 3 on our list for the top 10 record labels in Nigeria.
And that’s all for the 6 amazing facts you may need to know about YBNL Nation. Have any questions? Please, drop them in the comments section below.